- For healthy and cost effective Ginger seed rhizomes use pro-tray technique.
- For pepper nuesery raising select mother vines of only varieties which are proven to be highly productive and tolerant to biotic and abiotic stress
- The spacing recommended for prpper is 3 x 3 m on plain lands. On sloppy land 2 m between plants in rows across the slope and 4 m between rows -->
- To prevent soil contamination in pepper nursery mix the solarized potting mixture with biocontrol agents
- Maintenance of hygiene in the nursery is most important to avoid pest and disease problems.
- To prevent the occurrence of diseases in pepper nursery spray and drench the plants at fortnightly intervals with 2% Pseudomonas fluorescens suspension
- The best time for planting ginger is during the first fortnight of May with the receipt of pre-monsoon showers .
- In pepper, IISR-Shakthi variety is reported to be tolerant to Phytophthora foot rot.
The Directorate of Arecanut and Spices Development was established on 1st April, 1966 at Calicut in Kerala as a subordinate office under Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.